- Restructuring of the existing curricula and examination system
- Exposure and orientation of teachers to teaching methods, developed in other countries by means of short and long term fellowships
- Establishing a properly functioning teachers training unit to prepare teachers in all aspects of medical education including modern technology and curriculum design
- Establishing a properly functioning central and peripheral audiovisual units, laboratories and libraries.
- Conducting Masters in Medical Education (MMEd) Course and short courses in Health professions education.
- Curriculum Development for undergraduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS), nursing course, medical assistants’ course (MATS), health technologists’ course (IHT) etc.
- Implementation, monitoring, supervision and evaluation of undergraduate course curriculum of different medical and related health institutes and recommends for their accreditation.
- Training of teachers of Postgraduate Medical Institutes, Medical Colleges, Nursing Colleges, and Institute of health technologies and Medical Assistant Training Schools (MATS).
- Developing Quality Assurance Scheme (QAS) for educational and training institutes and facilitating its implementation.
- Provide technical support to Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC) ,Bangladesh Nursing Council (BNC), State Medical Faculty (SMF) and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) regarding health personnel education.
- Training of trainers (TOT) for health personnel training.
- Organizing educational management training.
- Developing instructional materials and training on use of instructional materials.
- Organizing continuing education programs for health professional development.
- Providing technical assistance to Human Resource Development (HRD) institutes and other training institutes as and when required.
- Working in collaboration and establishing linkage with HRD units within the country, development partners and abroad.
- Conducting educational research.
The CME is situated at the 3rd floor of a 4 storied building (approx. 7500 sqft) at Mohakhali, Dhaka. The building accommodates the office of the Director, Faculty Members, Library, Class rooms, conference room, Audio-visual unit and a state-of-the-art IT corner etc.